December 22, 2011

I Have Seen the Light!

As I mentioned a few posts back, I have been listening to Christmas music since Halloween because I need a couple of months to hear everything I want to hear..and I want to hear everything more than once.

Last week I realized I had not yet heard one of my favorites, I Have Seen the Light. One of the things I love about this song is that it's written for men's voices. So often it seems that men at church don't like to sing so I like the encouragement men's voices lend to the guys in the congregation. That and it has a beat a girl could dance to, and listening to it makes me smile.

I found a wonderful version on YouTube. I tried to find one from a Living Christmas Tree because my church had one for years and if you've never seen one, it's a sight to behold. There were several of those, but my favorite version didn't have a tree - it's just fabulous voices from Hunter Street Baptist Church in Hoover, Alabama. (If you look at the background, you'll even see that Baptist choir swaying to the music.) Enjoy!


Have a wonderful Christmas!

Until next time,
Margaret



I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” ~ John 8:12 (NIV)

.

5 comments:

  1. That was wonderful! And I've never heard that song before so I doubly enjoyed it.

    Funny that just this morning as I was listening to a song featured at Creekside Cottage (In the Bleak Midwinter), I thought how much I loved hearing the men's voices as they came in on their verse. There's just something about the timbre and quality of the male voice.

    Thank you, Margaret, for "seeing the light" and sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song was in our Christmas program last year, and it has been one of my favorites ever since. Thanks for posting it! Hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vee and Katie - I'm glad you enjoyed the song. I can't get enough of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop by and wish Johanna a Happy Birthday on Tuesday, December 27!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is commitment to Christmas music!!

    ReplyDelete