May 19, 2009

The Trials and Tribulations of eHarmony

Years ago, I thought I'd try eHarmony to see if there was anything to it. I guess I filled out the profile - it's been so long that I don't really remember. I do remember getting stumped on the user name. Yep, that was the sticking point for me.

I didn't want anything that sounded too frumpy or too Church Lady.


On the other hand, I didn't want anything that sounded too, um, friendly.



I didn't want anything misleading, like CubsFan because I don't care about sports, and that would clearly be false advertising.



BookWorm would likewise be bad on so many levels. First, it would imply that I read a lot and while I have stacks of books I intend to get to - someday - I never seem to get around to reading them. And secondly, and perhaps most importantly, we're back to frumpy Church Lady - boring.

So today I decided to go back to eHarmony and face the challenge of coming up with a user name head-on.

Turns out they don't go with a user name anymore. It's just your first name.

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment