August 5, 2010

Blogging Distractions

Ever since I took a couple of weeks off in July, my blogging has slowed to a crawl. Once I got back from vacation, work went into high gear. I'm part of the support staff at a private high school and our freshmen will come for orientation beginning today, then school starts next Thursday. (Sure, it' over 100 degrees, but by golly, we'll get finals in before Christmas!) With the start of school so near, I've been putting in extra time at work and even bringing some work home so I haven't had as much time...or energy...or inspiration for blogging at the end of the day. I'm still trying to keep up up with your blogs, but I'm not commenting much to keep my time online down to a minimum. The blogging drought will likely continue for another week or two, but hopefully I'll soon be back to a regular schedule.

Beyond the start of school, another distraction this week has been the arrival of my niece and her family. My niece and her husband met halfway across the country, and soon discovered that they're both from the same hometown. They had no intention of moving back here, but once they had a baby girl, they began to see the advantages of raising her in a city where she would be surrounded by extended family.


The X-Girl was born in March, and I don't mind telling you she is the cutest, smartest, and sweetest baby ever. When I met her for the first time on Tuesday, I saw the generations that came before. In her smile, I saw the faces of her three great-grandparents on our side of the family who she'll never meet, and vowed that she will see their pictures and hear their stories. Seeing the X-Girl reminded me of the first time I saw her mom and each of her uncles and led me to me wonder where the time went.

And when I picked her up for her first picture with me, she suddenly became fascinated by the activity behind me...


Until next time,
Margaret

7 comments:

  1. My life has been super hectic lately...so I too have been very neglectful of my own blogs and commenting. Glad to see you back in the swing of things (sort of) and that picture of you is gorgeous! You are such a beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that things are going well, just busy! I was actually thinking earlier today that you hadn't posted in a while. Now, go check out that activity that has the lil' one so entranced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's always a gamble taking pictures with little ones, isn't it? Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how many similar photos we have of our girls! They either are trying to grab the camera or they are turning away. But it's the precociousness of the little ones :) It sounds like you had a wonderful meeting. Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you ... my blogging gets erratic during the summer. And how fun to be an aunt ... you get all the benefits and none of the downside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh babies are so much fun. she looks adorable, at least
    from the back. you look adorable from the front!

    i was very intrigued by all the pretty crystal in your
    china cabinet!

    see you tonight!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how fast the past week has gone! Thanks to all of you for stopping by and looking at my adorable grand-niece's back. Another week or two, and I'll be better about replying again.

    I've been a bad blogger. =(

    ReplyDelete