Earlier this week, my whippersnapper of a grandblog tagged me in a game where I have to list 10 things about myself and then I'm 'sposed to tag 10 other blogs that I enjoy. Here's the problem: I fear that once I've listed 10 things about me, you'll all discover how truly dull I am and never come back.
The good news is that it's an opportunity to throw out totally random thoughts that wouldn't qualify as an entire post. So here goes...
- I wonder why current clothing trends almost always seem perfectly fine until you look back at pictures of yourself years later and wonder what possessed you to ever wear something so hideous. Do you think Joan Collins cringes when she looks at this picture? If not, she certainly should.
- I don't have a favorite color. I love color in general, and the brighter the better. (Even so, I think Joan's jacket is a bit over the top.)
- I don't consider beige to be a color.
- My decorating style is eclectic. I have antiques that belonged to my grandmother (and to her grandparents) mixed with everything from wicker, to contemporary, to a hot pink sofa. (See item 2.)
- My musical tastes are also eclectic. I love Elvis, the Rolling Stones, and John Rutter, among others. (I didn't love Elvis until I'd been to Graceland. That place is a hoot.)
- I am not a fan of texting. As a matter of fact, I utterly despise it, which is why my cell phone generally lives in my purse and not out in plain sight. Call me, email me, but don't text me, bro. Unless you actually are my bro. (Relatives can text, as long as they don't abuse the privilege.)
- I think Sunday afternoon naps are one of life's greatest pleasures.
- Whenever people get in a dither over lead in paint paint, I find myself wondering how others who spent their entire lives in houses with lead paint managed to figure out how to get us to the moon. Imagine how smart they might have been if we'd taken the lead out earlier. (Basically I think it's silly to act like the dangers of lead paint were just discovered in the last 5 minutes. Ditto a wide assortment of topics.)
- I'll take a show with great writing, such as West Wing, Boston Legal, 30 Rock, or Modern Family over reality TV any day. Even the rerun of a well-written show full of clever repartee is much more entertaining to me than Dancing with the Stars. There is one exception to my "no reality TV" rule: The Marriage Ref. Of course, I keep forgetting it's on, but when I do remember to watch it, I think it's pretty amusing.
- Don't tell anyone, but I have a secret crush on Alec Baldwin. I know, I know...but he can be so darn funny...even when Tina Fey & Co. aren't writing his lines.
But be sure to check out my grandblog. It's really good!