November 12, 2010

More Than We Can Imagine

To tell you the truth, up until this week, fall around here was looking like a dud. It has been fairly warm and terribly dry, with less than half our normal rainfall since the first of September. Leaves were falling in my yard without any fanfare - just brown leaves making a mess. To say that I was disappointed in our fall foliage would be an understatement and I found having to rake the dull leaves just added insult to injury.

But over the last week, our dreary fall was rescued. Much like fireworks when you start to ask, "Is that all there is?" the trees that still bore their leaves turned glorious shades of yellow, red, and orange, and every tree seemed to be trying to outdo its neighbor.

I took pictures along my drive to work this morning. See how beautiful they are?







What a wonderful reminder that God isn't finished with us, even during those times that we think he is, and that he who started the work will be faithful to complete it in you...and in me.

Until next time,
Margaret

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.~ Ephesians 3:20-21

6 comments:

  1. it has been breathtaking! i have almost had a wreck
    every day this week.

    your photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear each day they've been prettier than the day before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for bringing us these photos of fall, what a great reminder to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! I haven't seen fall weather in 6 years. I really miss it :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Margaret, oh, oh, oh...! Those are beautiful...! They have inspired me to get out my paint brushes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. Here in California, our leaves go from green to brown to a big mess all over the street. There's not much in the way of gorgeous fall colors.

    ReplyDelete