November 28, 2010

Spirit of Thanksgiving, Day 2

Today, as I continue my Thanksgiving posts leading up to Christmas, I am thankful for the long Thanksgiving weekend, which began on Wednesday. The extra time off provided me the time to do things I rarely have the opportunity to do around the house - things like pulling the sofas out to vacuum underneath. It provided me time to visit with family not only on Thanksgiving, but on Friday, as well. It provided me 3 out of 5 days when I did not have to set my alarm. 
 
 
It provided me time to visit stores and go online to search for the gift my brother, sister, and I will give to our mother for Christmas. It provided me with a quiet Sunday afternoon to stop by the office and prepare for the upcoming week, which is always a particularly hectic one, as it follows such a short work week. It provided the time to organize the project I actually began for my niece 35 years ago, and hope to finish for her daughter before Christmas. 
 
Yes, you read that last sentence correctly. ;-)

Until next time,
Margaret

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, so I'm not the only one who has those kinds of projects about. My mother finished a sweater for my grandson that had been intended for his father. That was kind of fun. I've just got tons of unfinished embroideries. Glad that you got so much accomplished on your five days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 35 Years...what are you making? I'm on a project for Hubby's 60th which is in two years time....I started three years ago. You managed to get more done in your few days than I usually manage I keep getting distracted usually by the internet!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to know what you are making
    your niece!

    so glad you had a restful break from work
    and hope it wasn't as hectic this week as
    you feared.

    i also hope you win the candy cane for the
    smallest tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the project Margaret? Thirty-five years in the making - it's got to be very special!

    Glad to hear you had a chance to silence your alarm clock! ;-)

    ReplyDelete